Did you slip and fall on someone else’s property in Laredo, TX? You can seek compensation for damages. Let an experienced Laredo slip & fall lawyer at Roderick C. Lopez Personal Injury Lawyers fight for what you deserve. Contact us now at (956) 529-7336 to schedule a free initial consultation.
We have over 20 years of experience helping accident victims like you recover fair compensation for their injuries. We’ve already recovered millions of dollars for our injured clients–and counting.
Slips, trips, and falls can cause serious injuries. Call us now to seek compensation from negligent property owners. Our attorneys at Laredo, TX can help you recover money for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
How Roderick C. Lopez Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help Me Fight For Full Compensation After a Slip and Fall in Laredo, TX
Slip and fall accident claims can be complex. Property owners don’t want to accept responsibility when others are injured on their property. It’s very likely that they’ll try to blame you for being clumsy or failing to recognize the fall hazard.
An experienced Laredo personal injury lawyer can protect you from these and other insurance scare tactics.
We have been recognized for our quality legal representation with the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award. We’ve also been listed as an Avvo “Top Attorney” and as a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
When you hire Roderick C. Lopez Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team will:
- Conduct a full investigation
- Gather all evidence, including witness statements, video surveillance footage, photos of the accident scene, and more
- Retain experts who can strengthen your case as needed
- Defend you if you’re blamed for slipping and falling
- Handle all insurance negotiations and communications
- Represent you at trial if necessary to secure a fair compensation award
You can trust that our Laredo personal injury attorney will do everything possible to recover the full compensation you deserve. All you have to do is call for your free consultation today.
How Common Are Slip and Fall Accidents?
According to World Health Organization research, falls are the second leading cause of unintentional death in the world. About 37.3 million falls are serious enough to require medical attention each year.
Falls are also a leading cause of injury in the state of Texas.
A serious slip and fall can happen anywhere.
Our lawyer in Laredo often represents slip and fall victims who were injured while visiting:
- Restaurants, bars, and nightclubs
- Shopping malls
- Grocery stores
- Schools and daycares
- College campuses
- Big box stores
- Playgrounds and public parks
- Parking lots or parking garages
- Hospitals and nursing homes
- Entertainment complexes
- Sports venues
- Office buildings
You could have a valid personal injury case anytime you are injured on someone else’s property. To learn more about your legal options, call Roderick C. Lopez Personal Injury Lawyers for a free case review today.
What is My Laredo Slip and Fall Injury Case Worth?
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, you probably want to know how much your personal injury case is worth. Many different factors will influence your case value.
Some examples of the variables that we will assess when calculating your case value include:
- The extent of your injuries
- The cost of your medical treatment thus far
- Your need for future medical care or rehabilitation
- The injury’s impact on your work and earnings
- How the injury might impact your future, whether your career, work, or lifestyle
- Your pain and suffering and damage to your quality of life
- The circumstances of the accident, including whether you share any blame
As the victim, you’re responsible for establishing your case value. We highly recommend that you sit down and talk with an experienced attorney before negotiating with the insurance companies. The insurance adjuster knows how much your case is worth, and you deserve that information, too.
At Roderick C. Lopez Personal Injury Lawyers, we offer free case reviews. To learn more about your case value, contact our team to schedule yours today.
What Types of Damages Can I Recover For My Slip and Fall Injuries?
The money you recover by filing a personal injury lawsuit is referred to as “damages.” Your damages award should cover your economic and non-economic losses. These losses can vary greatly from case to case, but there are some similarities.
Injury victims are often entitled to compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages, income, and employment benefits
- Lost future earning potential
- Nursing care
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
Texas personal injury laws are designed to make a victim “whole” again after an accident. All of your financial expenses should be covered. Your personal and non-financial losses can’t be taken away, but you can be compensated financially.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for Slipping and Falling on Someone Else’s Property in Texas?
Slip and fall victims are almost always blamed for causing their own injuries. Because falls are so common, negligent property owners often claim that the victim should have been paying more attention. That doesn’t mean you automatically lose your right to compensation.
Texas follows a modified comparative negligence law. If your share of fault is less than 51%, your settlement or verdict will be reduced by your percentage of fault. Once your share of fault reaches 51%, you’re barred from seeking any compensation at all.
If someone is blaming you for your injuries, contact our law firm in Laredo today. We’ll do everything we can to protect you.
Slip and Fall Accident Injuries Can Impact You For Years to Come
Slips, trips, and falls can cause all different types of injuries.
At Roderick C. Lopez Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team often represents clients who have suffered:
- Broken bones
- Broken hips
- Knee and shoulder injuries
- Nerve damage
- Herniated discs and other back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
Fall injuries also have the potential to be fatal. If you lost a loved one in a fatal fall, our Laredo slip and fall attorney can help you fight to recover fair compensation for wrongful death. Give us a call to schedule your free initial consultation today.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Slips, Trips, and Falls in Laredo, Texas?
Slips and falls in Laredo happen for all different reasons.
Some of the most common causes of slips, trips, and falls include:
- Slick or slippery floors
- Puddles or spills that haven’t been adequately cleaned
- Crumbling pavement
- Inadequate or broken guardrails
- Unsecured rugs or carpets
- Uneven pavement and potholes
- Debris, garbage, and other obstacles
- Loose electrical cables or wires
- Inadequate lighting
- Missing stair treads or damaged stairs
- Failure to warn about any of these dangerous property conditions
If you’ve been injured due to dangerous conditions on someone else’s property, contact a lawyer today. You may be entitled to substantial compensation from a negligent property owner.
How Do I Prove That a Negligent Property Owner is Responsible for Paying My Damages Under Texas Law?
Property owners aren’t responsible for every injury that occurs on their premises. They’re only responsible for injuries caused by their own negligence.
Negligence means the following:
- Someone owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached the duty of care
- The breach caused some type of accident
- You suffered damages because of the accident
Under Texas premises liability laws, a property owner’s duty of care depends on why the victim was visiting the property. There are three classifications of visitors:
- Business invitees
- Licensees, or social guests
Business owners owe the highest duty of care to people who visit the premises. Any time you visit a business, you’re classified as an invitee.
Business owners are responsible for:
- Fixing any unsafe property conditions in a reasonable amount of time
- Providing adequate warning about dangers they know about or reasonably should know about
- Regularly inspecting the property to identify hidden hazards
Property owners also have a duty to warn licensees about non-obvious dangers. Private property owners don’t have a duty to inspect the premises to identify hidden dangers that could harm visitors.
Trespassers have very limited rights. While property owners should refrain from intentionally harming trespassers, they aren’t responsible when a trespasser trips and falls on the premises.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Slip and Fall Accident in Texas?
The Texas statute of limitations in nearly all personal injury cases is two years. Like any car accident or truck accident victim, you have two years from the date of your injury to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you don’t take legal action before the two-year statute of limitations expires, you cannot sue for damages.
Contact a Laredo Slip and Fall Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Slips and falls can cause significant damage. If you were a victim, an experienced Laredo slip and fall accident lawyer can help you prove your case. Contact Roderick C. Lopez Personal Injury Lawyers today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about your legal rights.
Our personal injury law firm in Laredo, TX also provides:
- Laredo Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Brain Injury Attorneys in Laredo, TX
- Laredo Dog Bite Lawyers
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Laredo, TX
- Laredo Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Laredo Workplace Accident Lawyer
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Laredo, TX
- Product Liability Attorneys in Laredo
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Laredo, TX