At Roderick C. Lopez Personal Injury Lawyers, we understand the challenges of personal injuries for victims. There is often a strong desire to hold accountable those who cause us harm, but few victims know how to navigate a personal injury claim alone.
Our trusted Eagle Pass personal injury lawyer offers support on the journey to recovery. With over 25 years of experience, our team has recovered over $30 million in victim compensation across Texas.
Why Should Roderick C. Lopez Personal Injury Lawyers Handle My Personal Injury Case in Eagle Pass?
When you or a loved one suffers an injury due to someone else’s negligence, having an experienced Eagle Pass personal injury attorney on your side is important.
Our team offers compassionate, effective legal representation on your journey to recovery. We also understand the challenges and intricacies of personal injury law. This knowledge has helped us secure high-value verdicts and settlements, garnering our attorney membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
When you hire us after an accident in Eagle Pass, Texas, we will:
- Investigate the cause of your accident and the extent of your injuries
- Collect evidence, such as police reports, witness statements, and medical records
- Advise you of your legal rights and paths forward
- Liaise with insurance companies and negotiate settlements on your behalf
- Represent you in all phases of litigation, from filing a complaint to trial
- Protect you from allegations of comparative negligence
- Support you on your journey to financial recovery
Reach out today by phone call or online message to get started. Your initial consultation is completely free of charge.
What Types of Cases Does Roderick C. Lopez Personal Injury Lawyers Handle in Eagle Pass?
Personal injury cases arise every day. With decades of experience, our attorney has represented victims of many personal injury types, including:
- Car Accidents: Whether caused by distracted driving, speeding, or impaired driving, car accidents can cause significant injuries. Our firm assists victims in seeking compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
- Truck Accidents: Collisions involving trucks cause severe injuries due to their size and weight. We navigate the complexities of trucking accidents and help victims fight to secure compensation.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are vulnerable on the road. Motorcyclists often sustain grave injuries when involved in accidents. Our team helps ensure that riders receive the compensation they deserve.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and fall cases arise when an individual is injured due to unsafe conditions on someone else’s property. We help victims prove negligence and claim compensation for their injuries.
- Dog Bites: Owners can be held liable if their animals harm someone. We guide victims through the legal process to getting compensation for injuries and trauma.
- Medical Malpractice: We expect healthcare professionals to provide proper care. When providers fail to meet the expected standard of care and cause harm, we are ready to help. This includes misdiagnoses, surgical errors, or incorrect treatments.
- Product Liability: Products should be safe for consumers. If a defective product causes injury, you may be able to hold manufacturers, distributors, or retailers accountable. We help clients pursue claims against companies responsible for faulty products.
- Workplace Accidents: Injuries at the workplace arise from many situations. These include machinery malfunctions, lack of proper safety equipment, and hazardous environments. We help injured workers obtain rightful compensation.
- Wrongful Death: When negligence or deliberate action leads to the death of a loved one, our firm provides compassionate legal support to grieving families seeking justice and compensation.
With over 25 years of experience, our lawyer has developed a reputation for passionately representing victims in these personal injury cases.
How to get to Roderick C. Lopez Personal Injury Lawyers from Eagle Pass, TX
What Compensation Can I Recover for My Eagle Pass Personal Injury Case?
When you have been injured due to another person’s negligence or intentional acts, you can seek compensation for your losses. This compensation is known as your “damages.” There are two main categories of damages: economic (for your financial losses) and non-economic (for your pain and suffering)
Generally, the following types of compensation can be pursued in personal injury cases:
- Medical Expenses: This covers current and future medical bills resulting from your injuries. This can include doctor visits, surgeries, physical therapy, medications, and future treatment.
- Lost Wages: You can be compensated for lost earnings if your injuries caused you to miss work or reduced your ability to earn. Permanent injuries are often associated with causing “diminished earning capacity.”
- Pain and Suffering: This compensation recognizes the physical and emotional distress caused by your injuries. Factors like the severity of your pain, the duration of your suffering, and the nature of your injury will be important.
- Loss of Consortium: This refers to the effect the injury has on your relationship with a spouse. It covers the loss of companionship, affection, and other intangible aspects of a relationship.
- Property Damage: If personal property is damaged due to the accident, you can be reimbursed for its repair or replacement value. This often occurs with cars in auto accidents.
- Punitive Damages: Sometimes, the defendant’s behavior is malicious, reckless, or egregious. In these cases, you may be awarded punitive damages to punish the wrongdoer and deter similar conduct.
- Wrongful Death Damages: Serious personal injuries may cause death. In cases where an injury leads to the death of a loved one, surviving family members can seek compensation for funeral costs, loss of financial support and emotional distress.
Every personal injury case is different. Our Eagle Pass, TX, personal injury lawyer will help you determine how much you might recover.
What Is Negligence, and How Do I Prove It?
Negligence is the failure to exercise the care a reasonable person would, leading to harm or injury to another. Establishing negligence is vital for the success of almost any personal injury claim. To claim damages based on negligence, you must prove:
- Duty of Care: You must show the defendant was responsible for acting with care toward you.
- Breach of Duty: You must show the defendant breached – or failed to uphold – that responsibility.
- Causation: You must show the defendant’s failure directly led to your injuries.
- Damages: You must show that the defendant’s actions caused you actual harm or losses.
Many victims wonder how to prove negligence. Our attorney will work to collect evidence, such as photos, witness statements, and medical records – as well as pinpoint any violations of law or regulation. We may also use expert witnesses to connect your injuries to the accident.
What if I’m Partially Responsible for My Accident?
If you believe you may be partially responsible for your accident, it is important to consult our Eagle Pass personal injury lawyer. Texas is a “modified comparative negligence” state. This means that if you are partially at fault for your injuries, you can still recover damages, but the percentage of your fault will reduce your compensation. However, if you are found to be 51% or more at fault, you cannot recover any damages.
Let’s say you were involved in a car accident in Eagle Pass. The total damages awarded to you are $100,000. But, after evaluating the evidence, the judge also determined that you were 30 percent at fault because you were speeding, while the other driver was 70 percent at fault for running a red light. Under Texas’s modified comparative negligence rule, your compensation would be reduced by 30 percent so that you would receive $70,000.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit in Texas?
In Texas, the time limit within which you must file a lawsuit is known as the “statute of limitations.” The specific duration can vary depending on the nature of the case. For personal injury cases, you generally have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit. However, there are specific rules and exceptions for minors and others.
When you hire us, we will identify the statute of limitations that applies in your case. Remember, if you fail to file a lawsuit in time, your claim can be permanently barred, and you will not be able to pursue compensation.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire Roderick C. Lopez Personal Injury Lawyers?
We represent clients on a contingency fee basis, as we believe everyone should be able to hire an attorney regardless of their financial status. This means you pay nothing upfront. Instead, our fees are contingent upon a successful outcome of your case. We only collect a fixed percentage of your final settlement or trial award as compensation.
Contact Our Experienced Eagle Pass Personal Injury Lawyer for a Free Consultation
At Roderick C. Lopez Personal Injury Lawyers, we know the challenges victims face after personal injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured by someone else’s negligence, contact us today at (956) 529-7336 to schedule a free consultation with our Eagle Pass personal injury lawyer. Our team is ready to review your case and help you chart a path toward securing the compensation you deserve.
Find out more about our office location. We serve in all cities of the South Texas Area, including:
- San Antonio (78015)
- McAllen (78501)
- Eagle Pass (78852)
- Harlingen (78550)
- Kingsville (78363)
- Alice (78333)
- Beaumont (77713)
- Uvalde (78801)
- El Paso (79835)
- Weslaco (78596)