Were you or a family member recently injured in a car accident in Kingsville, TX? Roderick C. Lopez Personal Injury Lawyers can help your fight for the financial compensation you deserve. An experienced Kingsville car accident lawyer can help you fight to recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Our founding attorney has over 25 years of experience in personal injury law–and has already helped injured clients like you recover over $30 million in settlements and verdicts.
How Can Roderick C. Lopez Personal Injury Lawyers Help After a Car Accident in Kingsville, TX?
If your Kingsville, TX car accident happened because someone else was careless, you could be entitled to significant compensation. However, you have the burden of proving your case. You’ll have to prove who was to blame and how much you deserve.
Insurance companies don’t make that easy. An experienced Kingsville personal injury attorney can stand up and fight for you during this uncertain time.
At Roderick C. Lopez Personal Injury Lawyers, our team has won the Avvo Client’s Choice Award. We’ve also been recognized with an Avvo top-attorney rating.
Our Kingsville car accident lawyer can help by:
- Locating the evidence to prove your case
- Determining who is responsible for your damages
- Assessing your case value and handling your insurance claim
- Working with leading experts to strengthen your case
- Negotiating aggressively with the insurance company for full compensation
- Filing a lawsuit and protect your rights in court if necessary
All personal injury claims are different. You deserve an attorney with the experience and resources to handle every complexity that arises during the legal process. Call our trusted Kingsville personal injury lawyer for a free consultation today.
How Common Are Motor Vehicle Accidents in Texas?
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, at least 244,092 people were injured in motor vehicle accidents across the state of Texas in 2022. 18,880 of those injuries were serious, and 4,481 people were killed in fatal car accidents that year.
Somewhat surprisingly, 32.83% of all traffic fatalities in 2022 involved single-vehicle accidents where the driver ran off the road. More than 50% of all motor vehicle accident-related deaths occurred in rural areas like Kingsville.
In Kingsville itself, 319 car crashes were reported to TxDOT in 2022. In other words, if you suffered an injury in a car accident in Kingsville, you aren’t alone.
At Roderick C. Lopez Personal Injury Lawyers, our team handles all types of car crash cases, including those involving:
- Rear-end crashes
- Intersection accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Single vehicle accidents
- T-bone accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Highway accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Lane change accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Accidents involving distracted drivers
- Left-turn accidents
- Multiple-vehicle crashes
- Trucking accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Accidents involving uninsured or underinsured motorists
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about your legal options after a crash.
What Is My Kingsville Car Accident Case Worth?
Some of the most important issues to evaluate in assessing your case value include the following:
- The severity of your injuries
- The cost of your medical treatment
- The physical pain and suffering you endure
- Whether you will recover fully or struggle with a long-term disability
- The length of your recovery period and how your income is impacted during recovery
- Whether your future earning capacity is impacted
- Damage to your emotional well-being and quality of life
- The strength of the evidence available to prove fault
- Available insurance coverage
Insurance companies will focus on issues that could decrease your settlement. Fortunately, our team knows how to minimize the impact of those factors that could decrease your case value, like sharing some blame for the crash.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Car Accident Victims in Kingsville, TX?
Under Texas personal injury laws, accident victims can seek compensation for all of their financial losses. These are called economic damages.
Some common examples of economic damages include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Nursing care
- Property damage, including vehicle repair costs
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Victims often experience losses that don’t have a set financial value. These are called non-economic damages.
Examples of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement or scarring
- Chronic pain
- Loss of consortium in wrongful death cases
Sometimes, a judge or jury may award punitive damages. Punitive damages are rare. They don’t compensate for any specific loss but instead punish the defendant for intentional wrongdoing or malicious behavior.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in Kingsville?
The attorney’s’ fees will depend entirely on how much compensation we recover in your case. Our law firm works on a contingency fee basis. Once your case is resolved, your attorney’s fees are taken as a percentage of your settlement or verdict.
You don’t pay anything upfront. In your free consultation, we’ll discuss the fee structure in your case so that you understand what to expect. Typically, your attorney’s fees will be about 33% of your compensation.
So, you pay nothing unless your attorney recovers compensation in your case.
How Will Texas Comparative Fault Law Impact My Right to Compensation if I Share Some Blame for the Crash?
Every state handles shared responsibility differently. Texas has modified comparative negligence rules. If your share of blame is less than 51%, your compensation is reduced by your percentage of fault. You lose your right to compensation once your share of blame reaches 51%.
Our Kingsville Car Accident Attorney Will Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Injuries
Every auto accident has the potential to cause serious injuries. The victim’s injuries will depend on the crash type, the impact’s severity, and the victim’s identity.
At Roderick C. Lopez Personal Injury Lawyers, we often handle car accident cases where victims have suffered:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Soft tissue damage, including damage to ligaments, tendons and muscles
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Chest injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
After a crash, make sure to seek medical attention to prevent your injuries from getting worse.
What Causes Most Car Accidents in Kingsville, Texas?
Most car wrecks can be blamed on driver error.
Some of the most common causes of car wrecks include:
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Road rage
- Fatigued drivers
- Aggressive driving
- Dangerous turns, including illegal U-turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Racing through an intersection to “beat” a yellow light
- Drunk driving and drug use
- Poor weather, limited visibility, and other road hazards
In some cases, defective vehicles and poor vehicle maintenance can also play a role in a crash.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Car Wreck in Texas?
Negligence is a failure to exercise the proper level of care.
In legal terms, negligence means:
- The at-fault driver owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached their duty of care
- The breach of duty caused your accident
- You suffered damages, such as physical injuries, financial costs and/or emotional trauma
After a car wreck, our team will search for evidence to prove your case. Video footage, accident reports, witness statements, and data from the crash scene can all provide important evidence. This evidence can then be used to prove the other driver was responsible for your injuries.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Car Accident in Texas?
The statute of limitations in Texas is two years. In most personal injury cases, you must file a lawsuit within two years of the accident. After two years pass, you lose your right to sue for damages.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Kingsville?
After a car crash, it’s important to protect yourself. Some victims are tempted to apologize. Others get angry and frustrated with the other driver. Resist the urge and try to remain calm.
After an accident, you should:
- Remain at the scene or close to the scene if you can move the vehicles to a safe location.
- Call 911 and report the accident–the police report can contain details that are important to your case. They can also send an ambulance to provide emergency care.
- Exchange contact information and insurance details with the other driver.
- Take photos and videos of the accident scene and any visible injuries.
- Avoid admitting blame or apologizing.
- Don’t sign any insurance documents or make a recorded statement.
- Seek medical care to ensure you aren’t suffering from non-obvious injuries.
Immediately contact an experienced Kingsville car accident attorney who can protect you.
Contact a Kingsville Car Accident Lawyer for a Free Initial Consultation
For more information about how a Kingsville car accident lawyer can protect your legal rights after a car accident in Kingsville, TX, call us today. At Roderick C. Lopez Personal Injury Lawyers, your initial consultation is always free of charge.